Botox is a term that most of us have heard about at some point in our lives. Many people use it to treat cosmetic concerns and keep their skin looking young. Botox is commonly connected with cosmetic procedures. Did you know that dentists may give Botox injections as well? It’s also one of the most secure methods of obtaining fillers and injections. In this blog, our dentists at South Airdrie Smiles will explain everything you need to know about dental botox.
What Is Botox?
Botulinum Toxin, or Botox, is an injectable medication used to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic issues. It aids in muscle relaxation and has been shown to provide relief from migraines, muscle spasms, and excessive perspiration in certain patients. The effects of botox might continue for up to six months.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox has been the therapy of choice for reversing the indications of aging for numerous years. It can help in the prevention of facial muscle movements that generate many folds and wrinkles. As a result, the skin appears smoother and more youthful. Botox is also used to reduce muscle pain, particularly in the jaw and head. You can consult your Airdrie dentist if you suffer from such issues.
Which Dental Conditions Can Be Treated By Botox?
Apart from improving someone’s appearance, Botox can be beneficial in a variety of ways. Getting a few painless injections from your dentist in Airdrie can treat problems such as:
- Bruxism, teeth grinding and teeth clenching
- The discomfort caused by TMJ dysfunction and pain
- Gummy smile
What Are The Benefits Of Using Botox?
There are several advantages of using botox in the field of dentistry. Your favorite Airdrie dentist has listed them below for your better understanding.
- Botox can help get rid of fine lines on your forehead
- Can reduce the wrinkles around the eye area
- Can reduce the lines around your eyebrow as well
- Can lessen the frowning lines on your forehead
- Can get rid of the wrinkles near your nose
- Botox can also reduce wrinkles around the lip area
- Reduces the size of big jowls and softens the appearance of square jowls.
- Botox is also used to treat headaches induced by muscle tension in the face, neck, jaw (TMJ), or head.
- Can also provide relief from regular teeth grinding or clenching
- Your dentist in Airdrie will use botox injections to treat your gummy smile that is caused by the over-retraction of your upper lip
- Inverted smiles, puckered chins, and lip lines can all be treated with dental Botox.
- When you choose dental Botox, you have a lower chance of problems. These are very safe and reduce chances of any complications
What Are The Results Of Botox?
Botox injections usually begin to work one to three days after they are given. Depending on the problem being treated, the effect could last three months or longer. To maintain the effect, you’ll need to undergo follow-up injections on a regular basis.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand everything you need to know about botox. Book an appointment with us at South Airdrie Smiles if you are looking for the best botox in Airdrie, AB.