A great smile can brighten a room and entirely transform your self-esteem. When you’re self-conscious about your teeth, it affects every aspect of your life, but fortunately, professional teeth whitening is an option for people wh o want sparkling whites. If you’re not sure whether or not you should go with treatment, read on to learn about the advantages of professional teeth whitening. Our dentists at South Airdrie Smiles have provided all the information on teeth whitening in this blog.
What Are The Causes Of Tooth Discoloration?
Not all teeth stains are the same, and if you’ve tried everything to whiten your teeth at home, you might need professional cleaning. There are various reasons why your teeth may get discolored; nonetheless, the discoloration can be divided into two types. The two types of tooth discoloration provided by your Airdrie dentist are as follows:
The inside of the tooth causes intrinsic discoloration. Infection, aging, medicine, childhood illness, or dental trauma can cause discoloration. Professional teeth whitening in Airdrie, AB, is the only approach to brighten your teeth if these conditions cause your discoloration entirely.
Extrinsic discoloration is caused by drinks or smoking, and liquids such as red wine, tea, or coffee can cause your teeth to be yellow. Furthermore, smoking causes your teeth to become even more discolored and brownish. These stains affect the outside of your teeth and are pretty simple to remove.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
Your dentist in Airdrie will take note of the present tint of your teeth before beginning therapy. The surface of your teeth is then polished to remove plaque and other debris. Following that, the dental care professional will apply a whitening solution to the teeth’s surface, which often contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Many whitening products require a laser or light to activate the peroxide. The solution should be left on your teeth for 30 minutes to an hour for the best effects with the light or laser. Your teeth will be washed, and fluoride may be applied to minimize sensitivity after that period. Your Airdrie dentist may schedule additional appointments until you achieve the desired shade.
Benefits Of Professional Teeth Whitening
A few of the advantages of this procedure have been listed below by your dentist in Airdrie.
- The benefit of professional teeth whitening is that you can rely on it. Dentists, after all, specialize in teeth and know just what to do. On the other hand, a home whitening remedy will not produce the same results.
- When you buy a teeth whitening kit in a store, you never know exactly what you’re getting or whether the product is safe for your teeth. On the other hand, in-office teeth whitening is more reliable, and you can be confident that your teeth are in good hands; this is why you should whiten your teeth with a professional. You cannot risk further damage to your smile due to poor items. It’s preferable to take the safest and most efficient path.
- A new smile can radically transform your self-esteem. You will no longer be self-conscious about your teeth because they look beautiful. It’s impossible to disguise your teeth, and you’ll have to live with the discoloration until you get them whitened.
- Professional teeth whitening can completely transform your smile in under an hour, unlike home whitening procedures. You won’t have to wait weeks to notice a difference in your teeth’s appearance. Although store-bought items are less expensive, you get what you pay for. Furthermore, you could wait an extended period for whitening teeth and still end up with subpar results. The certainty that you will be delighted with the outcome is one of the advantages of teeth whitening in our Airdrie office.
- A new smile can radically transform your appearance. It can make you look younger and even diminish the appearance of wrinkles. Your teeth are an essential aspect of your face because they are the first thing people notice when looking at you. As a result, whitening your teeth changes your style, improving your whole appearance!
We hope this blog has provided you with all the information on teeth whitening. Book an appointment with us at South Airdrie Smiles if you are looking for the best teeth whitening procedures in Airdrie, AB.